Direct messages are private spaces for close friends. You can video, audio, and text chat, play games, and share content just like in a Cantina room. Unlike Cantina rooms, direct messages have a 10-person cap, and there are no room roles.
To send a direct message to one member
- Send an individual direct message by tapping on a member’s profile photo tile and then tap .
- Start typing your message.
To customize who can send you a direct message:
- Navigate to your Profile.
- Tap Settings in the top right.
- Tap Privacy
- Decide who can send you message requests.
- If you choose Everyone on Cantina, you can be messaged or added to groups by everyone except people you've blocked.
- If you choose Only People I Follow, you can't be messaged or added to groups by anyone you don't follow.
To access your direct message:
Once you create or are added to a direct message, you can access your messages by clicking on People and select Messages.
Note: This feature is only available on iOS.