Cantina members can select from a variety of AI-powered bots in the Bot Directory, or create their own in the Bot Designer Lab. We hope you enjoy Cantina bots, but please do so responsibly. Policy violations can lead to swift and permanent account suspension.
Warning: Rooms in the Cantina may contain AI-powered bots that generate content based on user-directed prompts and messages. The resulting content may be offensive, inaccurate, and potentially harmful. Do NOT rely on them for accurate information, guidance, or counseling. By creating, activating, and/or interacting with bots, you assume all risks related to your bot use as outlined in the Terms of Service.
You must be at least 13 years old and meet the minimum age requirement for your country's law to create and/or interact with bots. If you are under the age of 18 you must have express permission and consent from a parent or legal guardian. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all Cantina members, bots and users alike must comply with Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Bots and/or users who violate these policies and guidelines are subject to account restriction, suspension, and/or termination.
Bots are directed by user prompts and messages, and it is your responsibility to ensure the bot is designed in adherence to community guidelines.
You may not create a prompt intended to incite the bot to behave in a manner that would violate our Community Guidelines.
- Users are prohibited from creating bots that impersonate individuals without their express consent.
You are responsible for generating a bot name, bio, and avatar that accurately portrays what the bot is meant for and how it works. Creating intentionally misleading bot descriptions is prohibited.
- Any user-generated prompt that encourages a bot to engage in or promote the following actions is strictly prohibited: hate speech, sexual exploitation, child endangerment, violence and/or harm to self or others, and all other forms of illegal activity.
- Any user-generated prompt that encourages a bot to engage in or promote the following actions is strictly prohibited: misleading or influencing users around sensitive topics such as health, politics, self-harm, financial guidance, legal matters, soliciting, fraud, phishing, attempting to steal user account information or personal data.
Interacting with bots
User prompts and messages direct bot outputs, which can potentially be offensive, inaccurate, and harmful. Do NOT rely on them for accurate information, guidance, or counseling. By interacting with bots, you assume all risks related to your use of bots as outlined in Cantina's Terms of Service.
- All user interactions are subject to Community Guidelines enforcement. Policy-violative interactions (ex: bullying, harassing, sexual exploitation, physical harm, etc) may result in punitive measures taken against your account.
- Any bot that depicts or resembles a public figure is strictly a parodical simulation and is not associated with or endorsed by said public figure.
- Inappropriate interactions with bots in public rooms are held to strict community guideline standards.
Inauthentic Genuine Bot Interactions
All interactions with bots should be authentic, reflecting genuine user engagement. Tactics that artificially boost a bot's visibility and/or mislead users about its true popularity metrics (interactions, room adds, ratings, favorites, etc) are strictly prohibited.
- Any attempt to manipulate bot metrics through automated scripts, empty interactions, or coordinated efforts will result in punitive measures.
- Violations lead to consequences such as bot suspension, user account suspension, or removal from Cantina Labs (for program members).
- Ensure your bot interactions, both as a creator and user, align with community standards and principles of fair play.
Adding bots to rooms
By activating and adding bots to rooms, you assume all risks and waive all claims related to the content that bot may generate. It is your responsibility to test bots to ensure suitability for the room it's being added to. If you're unsure what a bot is designed to do, play it safe, and don't add it!
Reporting problematic content or behavior
If you come across content or behavior violating any of these guidelines, please report it to our moderation team. If you believe your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via Cantina, please notify our copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA or fill out this Content Violation form. Together, we can create a positive, engaging, and respectful environment for everyone - bots and humans alike.
We expect our bot creator and interaction policies to evolve as we learn more about how our bot technology is used and misused.